Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2–14

    Revelstoke, Canada

    December 20, 2023 in Canada ⋅ 🌫 2 °C

    Revelstoke is a small town in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. It is well known as a hub of outdoor activities. The surrounding mountains offer almost unlimited opportunities to hike, climb, ski, and explore in both Summer and Winter. Mitch has been living here for a few years now so has a house and spare room where we would be able to crash for a while.   

    We arrived in Revelstoke just after sunset after an almost 9-hour bus ride. After Mitch’s accident in October, it was awesome to see him walk over from his truck to greet us as we jumped off the bus. Even more so considering the uncertainty about being allowed into Canada! What a massive win!

    For the next 10 days, we kicked around Revelstoke with Kelsey and Mitch showing us some of the more low-key local sights. For a couple of days, we got out on some small hikes through the snow including some waterfalls and a natural hot springs out in the forest. The snowfall was well below average for this time of year. On some of the days, the weather cleared up and gave us incredible views of the surrounding mountains.

    Needless to say, we made sure to catch a few days of snowboarding at the ski resort. But these pics and Christmas Day are in the next couple of posts.

    Overall, it was such a great opportunity to slow down for a while and enjoy quality time with Mitch and Kelsey.
    Read more