Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 15

    Breathtaking Grand Canyon

    18 февраля 2023 г., Соединенные Штаты

    We got up around 8.00am today to pack the last few things into the car, have a quick bite to eat, take the keys back to reception to check out and then it was time to hit the road Grand Canyon bound.

    At around 10.30am, we made our way to I17 towards Flagstaff. We had to make a turn off the interstate outside of Flagstaff to 89A then onto I40. Well we took a wrong turn here as we thought surely we wouldn’t have to take the exit to Los Angeles but yep we did. A few re-routings on the gps and we were back on the right road.

    Much easier drive today as most of the way was only a dual highway. We stopped off at Tusayan which is the little township outside of the park for some lunch before making our way into the park.

    As it’s the President’s Day long weekend here, there were many people coming into the park so it took about half an hour to get through the pay station.

    It wasn’t long before we were at the Bright Angel Lodge hoping we could get an early check in as it was only 2.00pm and check in wasn’t until 4.00pm. We were in luck and we were soon in our cabin. The cabin is less than a 2 minute walk to the canyon rim!

    As it is a historical lodge, the cabins are very basic but have everything you need.

    We rested for a couple of hours before rugging up and going on an 8km walk around the rim in the gorgeous snow. The photos posted here are only ones I took on my phone. I will post more from my camera when I upload them.

    We got back to the cabin at around 6.00pm for a basic dinner of toast before resting watching a bit of TV.

    More exploration awaits tomorrow.
    Читать далее