Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Igreja da Graca square lisbon

    June 9, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We made our way back up to the Grace church square.

    En route we passed a beautiful building calle the Oporina? they were having some sort of celebration there. All these young girls were dressed in these big wide flaring skirts and the boys were dressed like matadors.

    Also saw more loquat trees, norfolk island pines.

    I thought someone was following behind me a bit too close so I stepped out in between the parked cars to allow him to pass, then he was following a bit too close to colin. You have to watch it here as there are pickpockets everywhere the tourists congregate. Lots of signs out too warning you of the pickpockets.

    we got back up to the church square where there was a stage set up. Got a couple of shots of the sun on the church, but that is on the other camera so will have to wait till we get back home!

    my phone ran out of battery.....I think I took about 300 pics today.

    The concert started at 830 and went to around 10. Very good singer, with a fellow on a beat box and another with a guitar. They played a mixture of English and Portuguese pop music. The crowd was bouncing and singing along. Guns and roses, Clapton, they even played Bryan Adams summer of 69!

    We took the tram #28 back to our neighbourhood, although we were not entirely sure it was running as we were waiting, but they have little signs giving you the estimated time of arrival, and sure enough it showed up! a group of French tourists came to the stop late and then tried to be first on. I pushed in front....we were there first and we didn't want to miss getting a seat if possible. We didn't want to wait again in case the tram stopped running.
    Read more