Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    swimming beach

    April 1, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    The beach was rather steep so the waves were quite high. You had to be careful when getting in and out of the water. Warrior two was a good pose to prevent you from getting bowled over from the waves. There was one poor fellow who did something to his knee and was on crutches.

    There was a roped off area you can see where swimming was recommended. IN between the palm trees. Coconut palms. Nice and calm in the mornings then in the afternoon the wind tended to kick up.

    I tried snorkelling and the beach side to the left looked promising as it was shallow, but the wave action had churned things up pretty good. visibility not the greatest. I did see a few puffer fish and school of yellow convict? fish. they had the black stripes on yellow bodies. A few other little guys, but because it was a bit choppy hard to get close enough with out getting banged up against the rocks. While snorkelling over to the other side of the bay there was a school of silver fish swimming by me quickly, maybe 12 inch long....not sure what was chasing them.

    another day while just out swimming and floating in the waves a school of fish started jumping all around me....again not sure what was chasing them. There were these small larval type things that as you were treading water would sort of bump up against you. they were only as big as your thumb but it felt weird. We met a woman from Calgary, Nancy, not far from where Kendra lives. She sat next to us on the plane down and was staying at the same resort....luckily she was a fish too and loved the beach so we would be in and out throughout the day.

    You could only see the sunset from out in the water as this resort faces due south. We did see the southern Cross at night and the constellation Corvis. We saw Orion too, and he was in a different position....but sun went down behind the hills. So if you timed it right and you were out in the water floating you would see it set from the water instead of behind the breakfast buildings. Sun was setting around 630-7 pm. They were not yet on daylight savings time when we were there. That happened on the day we left. They are 2 hours ahead of us.
    Read more