Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Breakfast building

    April 2, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    the breakfast building as the sun rises.

    The hotel staff was up at 530 starting on breakfast prep. There was this beautiful outdoor covered plaza where you would have breakfast, looking out to the sea. There was a station where the cook would make up your omelet and add whatever you requested onto it, Jambon (ham), Tocino (bacon), Cebella (onion), Jitomate (Tomato), Espinaca (spinach), Chapulines (grasshopper)-tastes like ground beef with a bit of spice, Queso Oaxaca (cheese form Oaxaca).. Delicious. then they had a buffet with other hot items you could choose from, some more Mexican like nachos with red sauce and ones with green sauce, Tamales, some vegetables some chicken and then more tradition american fare, hotcakes, bacon and eggs.

    Great fruit selection, watermelon, Papaya, Grapefruit, Melon, Cantaloupe, Peaches, the freshest and juiciest pineapple. Lovely yogurts and baked items. I had one of the puff pastry type ones with sugar on it every morning -Panes dulces- (pastries).......gained 3 lbs after eating like this for a week !

    they had traditional Mexican coffee which was sweet, maybe with a hint of Oaxaca chocolate and some cinnamon and sugar. also they had hot chocolate. yummy. these were served in a traditional red clay mug with brightly painted flowers. I couldn't find any to take back home with us.
    Read more