Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 2 - At Sea

    October 31, 2018, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Not sick in night but quite choppy. Not a particularly good night for either of us. Took sea sick tab at 6.00am and slept for a couple of hours. Went to breakfast at 8.45am still didn't feel great. Bowl of cornflakes then tried a cooked - not a good idea. Had to rush outside for fresh air to stop being sick. This was just as J got her meal and had to abandon it! Sat in lounge before Spa Treatment at 11.00am - if I make it 😝.
    Okay, didn't make. J went for her pedicure. I spent the next 2 hours trying desperately not to be sick and having a sleep.
    Feeling a lot better. The sea had flattened out. We went down for lunch in the Palm. Managed to eat quite a lot and it stayed down - yeah! Also purchased a pack of Sea Bands to stop sea sickness which have a pressure point that fits on both wrists. They will now become a permanent part of my anatomy!
    Went to the 2nd talk about Bletchley Park and then back to the room for catch up kip.
    Down for dinner at 6.30pm. We both managed 3 courses albeit small ones and I even had a glass of Cab, delicious. We get into Porto at 8.00am tomorrow and off on our first excursion at 9.00am. - Port tasting and trip down River Durou.
    Halloween show where some of the crew dressed up and were judged by the audience. Very entertaining. Then up to Marquee Bar for drinks, read and some nice music.
    To bed but difficult to sleep as roof was creaking badly - ugh! Solution to follow 😴
    Read more