Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 3 - Porto

    November 1, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Arrived in Porto at about 7.00am. Up at 7.30 and full breakfast.
    Picked up coach which took us on a tour of Porto and then down to boat for a trip down the River Douro to see 6 bridges. Not very exciting!. Back on coach for more sightseeing - lots of rubbish everywhere. Then onto a Port wine vineyard. Tour of where the Port is produced and to sample a white and tawny port. White was very sweet and tawny a little bland for my taste. I'll stick to good old M&S ruby at Christmas. Back to ship, Palm was queuing so didn't bother. J had snooze I went to gym for a 30 mins run, 10 mins on bike and warm down on cross trainer.
    4.00pm spa treatment - back, shoulder and neck massage. Tough old life 🤔
    The spa treatment was brutal. How a very petite Philopino can inflict so much pain, I am at a loss. I have to say I did feel better after it.
    We then had an assessment of fat and water retention by Fyn who is a top man in the world of fitness and diet. Only 22 but boy does he know his stuff. We went to a seminar a couple of days ago and he explained all about acid and alkaline in the body and how we needed be much more alkaline.
    To be fair we both came out very well. J had 2.5 litres of toxic water and I had 1.5 litres. Both our body fat levels were very good - amazing! He advised a detox and focussing in on cutting out acid foods and looking at foods that give you alkaline. Game on I think!
    Just about time to get changed and down for a well deserved dinner.
    Filled our boots at dinner with 3 courses! Not huge amounts but enough.
    Went into Neptune Lounge for evening show, first one for the onboard troupe. Excellent show singing and dancing to popular artists. The Neptune was packed and they got a good ovation. They also had to it all again at 10.30 for the later dinner seating.
    Too knackered to do much more so up to room with newly acquired earplugs. Hoping for a better 🌃.
    Read more