Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Day 10- At Sea

    November 8, 2018, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Up at normal time, 7.30am! Been quite choppy in the night and remains so this morning. Sea sick bands firmly in place and we've both taken sickness pills. Weather is sunny so might get some rays at some point. Spa treatments booked for 2.00pm, more later.
    Light breakfast and will probably go to a talk by Jeff Rozelaar, an actor, with anecdotes about the entertainment business.
    Had tea in the lounge before going to the presentation at 10.00am. Very good talk with lots of stories and he did some acting.
    Sales going on by the shops, J bought a nice long jumper and I bought a miniature guitar made from metal. Very well made. Heavens knows what our bill is going to be!
    Back to room for a sun bath and read on balcony. Ship is quite rocky and the spray is gently showering us even though we're deck down from the top. Lunch was fruit in the room and then off for treatments. I had a foot and ankle massage but the best bit was chair back massager, bliss. J had a facial and a foot massage. Louisa tried sell more product at £150 a pop. It was politely refused.
    Back to room as boat pitching quite violently. Both ok at the moment.
    Back to gym for light exercise as couldn't run because of ship rocking. Both did treadmill on incline and bike.
    Down to dinner at 7.15pm. Both of us had salads of different variations. I had cheese and bickies, J had sponge and custard.
    Then off to Neptune to see tonight's show - the comedian Barnaby, who we saw a few nights ago. Tonight was new material and was once again excellent. He should be on the TV, so very good.
    Back to room for a bit of TV and then to bed in prep for tomorrow's visit to Lisbon. Our last excursion 😖
    Read more