Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Day 11 - Lisbon, Portugal

    November 9, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Up early to catch 8.30am coach. Full English breakfast before boarding coach.
    This is going to be a river trip and a site seeing tour of the city.
    Quite a long coach journey to the river boat mainly due to rush hour traffic and traffic lights. The river Tagus has a huge estuary with a couple of spectacular bridges. The river boat was quite big with 3 decks. We sat on the top deck in the open air. It took us down towards the estuary and then we came back and saw some great views of Lisbon. We also went past our ship and took some great pics.
    Back to the coach for s whistle stop tour of the city. We were let out once to see a view looking down into the city but the rest was in the coach. Then back to the ship.
    Overall not a great excursion. It was the most expensive we booked and didn't really give value for money. Our review will reflect this 😉.
    Lunch at 1.00pm in Palm. Both had fish with salad. Little rest then off to gym. I did 20 mins run and 100 cals on bike. J did Pilates, treadmill on incline and bike. Just as the ship left port at 3.00pm.
    Then down to Neptune for talk on Rail Stations by Jeff Rozelaar. Managed to talk to him just before he started and he lives in Hazlemere! Can you believe it? His kids went to the Upper School and he uses The Village Centre for some amdram sessions. Small world! His talk was very good and love his anecdotes.
    There was a warning from the captain that it is going to get rough as we go through the Bay of Biscay. Wrist bands back on and we've both taken sickness pills. As I write this it's 17.35 on Friday and already the ship is bouncing around. Could be interesting!
    Dinner in Palm, I had beef stir fry, J had a salad! Then to Neptune for new Show based on nautical songs. Lots Gilbert and Sullivan which was done very well. All the shows have been very good.
    Back to room for some telly and then to bed. Going for lay in tomorrow.
    Read more