Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Travel Day: Ridgway to Dolores

    June 24, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 61 °F

    Our drive from Ridgway to Dolores was only a few hours, so we popped over to TJ's in time to watch TJ, his dad, Tim and son Tyce attempt to install a new basketball goal on their trampoline. We may have been placing bets on the likelihood of the ladder collapsing...

    After leaving Ridgway, we took everyone's advice and stopped in Telluride. Aside from parking frustrations, it was a nice stop over. We took the gondola to the top of the mountain and got to enjoy the San Juan Mountain range from the other side.

    The drive from Telluride to Dolores, CO - our stop for the night before heading to Mesa Verde - continued to be a trip through some of the most scenic views in the country.

    We stopped in Dolores for some tasty Mexican food then made our way to our Airbnb. It was a renovated garage apartment in the country behind a main house. It was such a pretty mix of prairie & foothills, with a beautiful pond right outside our door.

    We slept well that night then packed up early the next morning and headed to our next stop: Mesa Verde National Park.
    Read more