Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    North Vancouver

    September 14, 2017 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    What a difference a day makes... or so the saying goes. This morning we woke up, or got woken up by housekeeping to blue skies and a much warmer day in Kamloops. After a hearty breakfast, and slightly heavy heart, as we knew that we were starting to make our way home, (Yes we do miss everyone, but leaving the mountains is soooo hard) we decided to take a visit to the BC Wildlife Park, not something that either one us would normally choose to do, but we had heard that the Park is really like a big version of Tiggywinkles, looking after and keeping orphaned or injured wild birds and animals. The park was quite quiet but full of interesting facts and a very special pair or orphaned Grizzlies and a Spirit Bear. (Basically a white black bear), all beautiful. Of course we would both have preferred them to be in the wild, but the reality is that they may not have survived, due to being orphans.

    After a longish visit we started to head our way back towards Vancouver. the scenery was stunning as we drove along highway 5, and Bev decided that perhaps one final stop in Hope, at the Blue Moose café might be a good opportunity to have a break and see what Hope was like out of the smoke, so we did just that and took pictures of some amazing carvings.

    Glad we stopped for coffee, as the trip into Vancouver was really busy , lots of cars, but still beautiful scenery from the rear view mirror, truly amazing. Having found our B&B on the north side of the city, we decided that we should try and find something for dinner. A bit of an experience, but yet again the Fropkins nose found where it is that we really wanted to be , a lovely little Italian restaurant for our final dinner in Canada. Really good food.

    Tomorrow we are going to make the most of our final day in the City, going to Grouse mountain for a full day of walking and visiting the top of the mountain... Tig may even try Zipwiring. I think a good book and a bit of sunbathing are in order....
    Read more