Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Acajutla, El Salvador

    January 26, 2023 in El Salvador ⋅ ☀️ 84 °F

    The ship docked at 6:00AM today, but the departure is scheduled at 2:00PM.
    Because of such a short time in port, I was reluctant to book a private tour. We booked 4 hours highlights tour from the cruise ship. Departure was scheduled at 8:45AM.
    We departed exactly at 8:45 with 40 people on the bus.
    The country is pretty poor and pretty dirty.
    Our first stop was on the shoulder of the road to take picture of volcanos. The shoulder of the road was littered with garbage.
    Our second stop was Izalco town, where we had 15 minutes to take pictures of the church and see an artisan market.

    We continued driving in so called “Flower Road” named in memory of perished people during their 12 year of civil war from 1980 to 1992.

    We stopped in another town - Nahuizalco to take pictures of another church and visit another market.

    After that, we drove back to the ship. Can’t say it was a good tour.
    The tour guide was very good, but it was hard to understand him.
    We learned about national flower, tree and bird of El Salvador.

    Now it is time to rest and go for a nice dinner.
    Read more