Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 25

    Coquimbo, Chile (2nd time)

    7 février 2023, Chili

    Today we docked at 7:00am, but our private tour did not start till 9:00am. We met with our group of 9 people and proceeded to meet our guide. We had to walk 10 min through cargo port to get out of the port. We met our guide and driver and started to drive north along the endless beach. The weather was cool and not sunny.

    The ocean in Coquimbo is always calm, but the water is cold and there were no people on the beach or the water. We saw few stands with vendors selling fresh fish.
    The further north we drove, the rougher the ocean became.
    We stopped at the lighthouse that was build 50 years ago.

    We also stopped at the 21st division of Chilean military, training facility.
    There are 500 recruits training there.
    Boris and Mui had a long conversation with a lieutenant colonel.

    We also stopped at the local market and then at the upscale stores to go to the bathroom and get some good chocolate.

    We had to be back on the ship no later then 3:00pm to arrive to the next port on time. The traffic was extremely heavy. Tomorrow, close to 200 passengers leaving us and more people are boarding the ship.
    In order to be on time, we cut Japanese gardens and going up on the cross out of our itinerary. In addition to that, everyone was hungry. It was not a very exacting tour, but we saw something different. We got back on the ship before 2:00pm, had late lunch and resting to be ready for tomorrow’s tour.
    En savoir plus