Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Puerto Chacabuco to Coyhaigne, Chile

    February 11, 2023 in Chile ⋅ 🌧 57 °F

    Puerto Chacabuco is a tender port. The weather was cold, rainy and windy, but not as bad as yesterday. Our sister ship could not stop yesterday because of the high wind. We were lucky and by 11:45am we got on a tender boat and met our tour guide. Unfortunately, not everyone from our group took first or even second tender boat…but in an hour everyone in our 14 person group were ready.
    Our tour guide, Angelika, introduced herself as a German. She and her husband moved to Chile from Germany something like 15 years ago.
    After driving for a while we stopped at the lake to take some pictures, then at the wooden bridge. It was scary even to walk on this bridge, but we saw few cars driving over the bridge. We stopped to take pictures of a beautiful waterfall. Then we made a short stop in a small town Coyhaigne. The center of the town was full of vendors selling expensive useless goods.
    Our last stop was gated house of our tour guide where we had a chance to taste wine and have some German pastries with coffee.
    It was a long drive back to the port to take a tender boat. By now it was very cold and ☔️.
    Back on the ship, I took a hot shower, we had a quick dinner and now ready for a show.
    Tomorrow is a sea day.
    Read more