Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Puerto Varas, Chile

    February 10, 2023 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ 61 °F

    The plan for today was to take an Uber from Puerto Montt where the sender boat docked to Puerto Varas. Puerto Varas is a city in southern Chile's Lake District. It sits on the southwest banks of the expansive Lake Llanquihue, which offers commanding views of snow-capped Osorno Volcano and Calbuco Volcano, both still active. Traditional German-style architecture characterizes the town, reflecting its colonial past.
    After few minutes our Uber arrived and it took us around 30 min to get to the center of Puerto Varas.
    Erin and Mui went to climb the mountain and Boris and I went for a long walk along the lake. We decided to meet for lunch after our walk. We have been in this town three years ago at the beginning of the Covid outbreak and the town was very quiet. Not this time. Lots of people and an excellent weather made the town lively.
    We vent for a long walk along the lake and by 1:00pm arrived at the restaurant. Erin and Mui arrived 2 minutes later. Lunch was delicious and we went for another walk after lunch. By 3:00pm we met and called for another Uber. The traffic was very heavy and the driver was very crazy. But we got back on time.
    We were so full after lunch, so we skipped dinner and now are waiting for a show.
    Tomorrow is another port.
    Read more