Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Lomé, Togo

    March 24, 2023 in Togo ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Togo, a West African nation on the Gulf of Guinea. In the capital, Lomé, are the multistory Grand Marché bazaar and the Fetish Market, offering traditional talismans and remedies relating to the vodun (voodoo) religion.

    Today we booked an afternoon tour to see a Voodoo ceremony in the village of Sanguerra not too far from Lomé.
    We boarded our big bus, our tour guide was talking all the way to the village telling us in details about Voodoo religion. Too much unnecessary information. Approximately 33 percent of the population practice this religion.
    The road was good until we turned toward the village. Unpaved road was full of huge potholes filled with water. Impossible to see how deep the potholes were. Sometimes I thought the bus will fall on its side, but we made it.
    It was very interesting to see the dancing and chanting of local people.
    After ceremony, back on the bus.
    In the evening we has a Togo toga party. Lots of passengers and crew members came dressed up in “Togo” outfits and there were music, singing and dancing.

    Tomorrow is another port and also we are loosing one hour.
    Read more