Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 103

    Dubai, UAE. Day 2

    April 26, 2023 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☁️ 90 °F

    Last night we came back from the event pretty late and went to bed at midnight.
    Today, we got up at 7:00am and met Younga and David for breakfast to plan our day. By 8:20am we were out of the ship, took shuttle to the port entrance and hired a taxi to take us to see the architecture of the Museum of the Future.

    The building's form is futuristic: The circular building represents humanity; the green mound it sits atop represents the earth; the void represents the unknown future. The building and the area around are stunningly beautiful.
    The museum was still closed, so we walked around, took pictures and got back in our taxi to go to so called the Frame building.

    The Dubai Frame is an observatory, museum, and monument. It holds the record for the largest frame in the world. The building has a height of 150.24 meters and a width of 95.53 meters. The building mainly serves as an observatory, providing views of old Dubai in the north and newer parts in the south. The elevator takes you to the height of 48 floor. The floor on the observation platform is glass. Beautiful view of the old and new Dubai.
    After visiting The Frame, we took another taxi to the Mall of Emirates. That is the mall with downhill skiing. To see the slopes, they charge a hefty price, so we skipped the experience. Can see ski slopes in Colorado.
    We walked around this mall, every luxury store in this mall. We did not go to any of them, instead went to a food court to get some food. I got a gelato 🍧 without checking the price. Oops, it was $11.
    Done with mall, we took another taxi to a Gold Souk. Dubai's famous gold souk happens to be the world's largest gold market! With more than 350 jewellery traders and retailers, Gold Souk is restocked with at least 10 tons of gold daily.
    After walking through the market for over an hour, we took our last taxi back to the ship.
    Read more