Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 104

    Fujairah, UAE

    April 27, 2023, Arabian Sea ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    Fujairah city is the seventh largest city in UAE. It is located on the Gulf of Oman.
    We have been in this city in 2017 and at this time we were told that there is nothing to see. We took a shuttle and went to a mall for an hour, then came back on the ship.
    This time we also did not have a tour and were not sure what to do. Again we met Younga and David and decided to explore together. There were two shuttles available: one to the mall and another to port gates. We took the last one. As soon as we got out of the shuttle, we were surrounded by taxi drivers. We hired one for 5 hours.
    Our first stop was beautiful all white Sheikh Zayed Mosque. First we were told we can not visit inside, but then somehow Younga convinced them to let us in. We were properly dressed and just had to cover our heads with scarfs (we had scarfs with us). Boris has to put long pants over shorts.
    In addition to going inside, we had a wonderful 40min tour of the Mosque.
    It is the second largest Mosque in UAE and can accommodate 28,000 worshippers.
    Our second stop was Fujairah Fort. Dating back to the 16th century, it is the among the oldest as well as the largest castles in the country.
    Our next quick stop was man made waterfall and theater. After that we went to see the oldest Mosque in UAE, build in 1446. It is a small simple clay building with very hot stone floor.
    Our final stop was a resort to rest and swim. We paid entrance fee, got lounge chairs and went swimming. The water was perfect: clean, pleasant temperature, soft hot (too hot) sand. We really enjoyed the beach. After two hours, it was time to get back in the car and drive “home”.
    What a nice day after all.
    Read more