Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 118

    Sabang, Indonesia

    May 11, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 90 °F

    This is another port which is a substitution for Yangon.
    As our research shown, not much to see in this port, but the beaches were supposed to be good.
    Erin did the whole work of finding where to go and hiring a transportation both ways.
    At 8:30an we were picked up at the port and arrived few minutes later at the Freddy’s resort. To our surprise, to get to the beach, we had to navigate lots of stairs with rails and without rails. Also, there were no chairs on the beach and the beach was pretty rocky. Boris, David and I stayed at the resort while Erin, Mui and Younga went to another resort to check it our. Shortly they came back and told us, the other resort is even worse. More stairs and no rails at all.
    The workers at our resort were so nice, they set up chairs and umbrellas for us on the beach and we happily settled.
    The waves were pretty big, but Mui and I went to swim and snorkel. Later Younga went into water too.
    By noon we were pretty hungry, so we had a lunch at the resort.
    After lunch, back to the ship.
    All of us were very tired from swimming and being on the heat. Also we are loosing one hour a day for the last few days.
    Tomorrow is another day of touring.
    Read more