Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 156

    Kobe, Japan. Day 2

    June 18, 2023, Philippine Sea ⋅ ☁️ 73 °F

    The plan for today was to visit Kobe Nunoboki Herb Gardens. Th get there we had to get to the Ropeway and then go up in the mountain.
    To get there, we walked to the metro station from which we can reach Gardens. Last 4 minutes of walk to the station was a steep climb up. Instead, we took a taxi that brought us right to the Ropeway entrance.
    When we reached the top, we were surrounded by herbs and flowers. It is impossible to describe the beauty of the place. After exploring the top, we slowly started going down. Every step you take, there are different flowers. There are also waterfalls, benches and hammocks to rest. The park is endless. After reaching lower Ropeway station, we went all the way down.
    Returning to the city, we stopped in Chinatown, but it was so busy, we decided to walk toward the ship.
    On our way we saw an inviting restaurant and stopped there for lunch. It happened to be International Culinary School of Kobe, Japan. All cooks are student. Very good cheap meals.
    We got a beautiful good-buy from local kids playing drums during our departure from Kobe.
    Read more