Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Lautoka, Fiji snorkeling

    January 23 in Fiji ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    Overnight we moved from roughly south side of Fiji to southern side.

    For today I booked a snorkelling tour. We met with our group at 8:45AM in Ocean Bar. I was a little concerned since the group was 25 people. We walked out of the ship under pouring rain and after short walk boarded our boat. The boat was very comfortable with 6 sailors and shortly I was not concerned any more.

    After 45 min of fastride we arrived at our first snorkelling destination. We went on 40 minutes snorkelling along beautiful corals and colourful fish. Snorkelling away from the boat was pretty easy. Only later I realised that it was current helping us. Boris decided to turn back and after few minutes I followed him. Swimming against the current was not easy. I came back on the boat totally exhausted.
    It took another 15 minutes for everyone to get on board.
    Unfortunately, we forgot underwater camera at home, so no corals and fish pictures.

    Another 20 minutes later we arrived to the island where movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks was filmed.
    While crew was transferring food to the island from the boat and preparing our lunch, we were snorkelling along the reef.

    After that we boarded a small boat and had a wonderful lunch. Washed the lunch with a local beer.

    After lunch we went on the guided hike to see locations of the movie.

    Back on the boat, we arrived 10 min before final bearding at 4:30pm.
    Shower, dinner and the show and then bed at 8:30 PM. Tomorrow is much needed sea day.
    Read more