Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Suva, Fiji

    January 22 in Fiji ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    We have been in Suva in 2017, so we decided to take a short, 4 hours tour today. The weather forecast was rain and more rain, but when we docked it was sunny and really warm.
    The big tour bus was very comfortable and practically empty. Upon entering bus, we were presented with Fiji water.
    First stop was just an overlook with our ship .
    Our second stop was produce market. Huge area with all kind of fruit and veggies. The prices are very low.
    We then passed a government building. In 2017 we stopped and walked around. Now it’s not permitted. We took a photo of the guard from the bus.
    The next stop was Fiji museum. Located in the heart of Suva’s Thurston Gardens, the Fiji Museum holds a remarkable collection, which includes archaeological material dating back 3,700 years and cultural objects representing both Fiji’s indigenous inhabitants and the other communities that have settled in the island group over the past 200 years.
    We stopped at the restaurant for light lunch and then the last stop was shopping mall (unnecessary stop).
    Back on the ship, we rested, took shower and tried our skills in origami.
    Read more