Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Kangaroo Island, AU at last.

    February 23 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 68 °F

    At 10:00AM our captain announced we are going to Kangaroo Island and departure is extended to 7:00PM.
    The question is what to do with our private tour. Is it still be available?

    By 11:00AM we got informed the tour is going to be available. Some people found a different tour, some decided not to go.
    By noon, we got tender tickets and were on the first tender boat. Found our tour guide and started the tour. 10 minutes into driving our tour guide got a phone call. Eight more people came on the second tender and wanted to join our tour. We turned around to get them.

    Kangaroo Island lies off the mainland of South Australia, southwest of Adelaide. Over a third of the island is protected in nature reserves, home to native wildlife like sea lions, koalas and diverse bird species.

    Our first stop was honey farm where we could buy local made honey.
    Our second stop was Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery. Again it was a little shop with local produce of lotion, soap and liquor.

    Our next stop was much more interesting and very cold. We stopped at Seal Bay.
    It was a long cold but beautiful walk to the beach with lots of seals on it.

    Then we stopped at place with lots of different animals. Something like a zoo.

    It was time to go back. We took the last tender back on the ship. Quick dinner and then the best show of our trip.
    Tomorrow is an early rise to go on overland trip.
    Read more