Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54–55

    Melbourne, AU. Overnight

    February 25 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 88 °F

    We landed in Melbourne close to 2:00PM.
    Took Uber to Radisson Hotel and went straight to Queens Victoria Market. Today is Sunday and market opens till 4:00PM, tomorrow it is closed. Also we were starving, last meal was breakfast. We managed to find first food truck and had a light late lunch of dumplings.
    After lunch we still had some time to walk around the market.
    After market we walked to St. Paul Cathedral in the CBD (central business district).

    In style, it looks pretty much like the grand Cathedrals of Europe. The Cathedral is built in the neo-Gothic transitional style, partly Early English and partly Decorated.
    It was build in the second part of 19 century. Across the street you can see a typical railroad station.

    It’s all located near the Federation Square in the very heart of the city. There are many different attractions around, but all of them open till 5:00PM only.

    We wondered in center of the city until we came to the building with observation deck on 88 floor in Europa Tower. We decided to see the city from the top.

    After that we walked along the river to the Crown casino and Entertainment center.
    No interest in gambling, but was getting late and it was our only option to see inside the building.

    By now we were getting ready for some food. We settled on Vietnamese. After dinner, we walked back to the hotel. Time to rest.

    Next morning after breakfast we took subway to Royal Botanic Gardens. The weather was perfect for this. What a beautiful place!

    Instead of lunch, we decided to just have a famous Melbourne coffee and pastry.

    On the way to the restaurant, we stopped at the Shrine of Remembrance, which is the Victorian national memorial to Australians who have served in war and peacekeeping operations.

    Then we walked to the yummy place. Brunettis Cafe. It did not disappoint us. The flourless chocolate cake was delicious and the coffee was first class.

    Happy, we took a tram to the hardware store. The wheelchair motor needs fixing.

    Back to the hotel to get our stored luggage and backpack with motor and then another tram to the ship.
    Read more