Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 71

    Auckland, NZ. Day one

    13 Mac, New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 73 °F

    No tours today.
    Walked out of the ship and we are in downtown of Auckland.
    Today’s plan-just walk and explore the city.
    We walked to Albert Park, which was set aside as a reserve in the 1870s, and developed as a park in the 1880s.
    The steep paths were very challenging for a wheelchair, so Boris walked and I pushed the wheelchair. From the park we wend to adjacent Art Museum of Auckland.
    One of the highlights of this museum was the Goa Pei exhibit, the extravagance and breath-taking fashion of globally renowned Chinese designer Guo Pei.
    Finished with museum, we had coffee break and then walked to so called Auckland Domain. It’s a huge park consisting of 75 hectares (190 acres) of land, Auckland Domain is the oldest park in the city. Again path up and down (mostly up).
    We finally reached War Memorial Museum,
    which sits prominently on the crater rim.

    We were debating to see museum or not. We decided not to see it. By now we were very tired from walking and the motor on the wheelchair was out of power.
    We called Uber and in 15 min were back on the ship. Time to rest before evening.
    Baca lagi