Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Seattle to Bellingham

    August 3, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We were able to have a late checkout so after midday we headed to the Greyhound bus station at Stadium. As we had planned to taxi and lite rail it but then opted to save the hassle and taxi it all the way we arrived way too early. After we picked up our tickets we sat down for the long wait, whiling away the time in pleasant conversation with a young mum from Oregon.
    The coach was packed to the rafters, late leaving and headed into the afternoon exodus out of Seattle, bumper to bumper traffic all the way to Bellingham. With the heat of the day and the full nature of the bus what air-conditioning there was did not make it down to the back where we were sitting. Thankfully we were able to get the last two seats on the shady side of the coach. It was "a glad it wasn't me" moment when we arrived at the first stop in Exeter. A dozen people were waiting to fill the one vacant seat. The company had overbooked big time. I guess the unlucky eleven had to hope that there were vacant seats in the next coach due two hours later.
    The further north we headed the smokier it became. The mountains east of Vancouver around the Jasper and Banff areas are alight and the smoke is drifting south into Washington State.
    Two bus rides from the Bellingham coach terminal and we were at our accommodation for the night, Guesthouse Inn. Dinner was a delicious meal across the road at B'town kitchen and Raw Bar.
    Read more