Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Red-Eye to Vancouver

    September 10, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    On the move again and leaving Alaska behind. Our stay in Alaska has been an amazing journey. Lots of things have been ticked off the bucket list - cruising the inland passage (via the ferry system, but cruising none the less), hump back whales breaching, sea otters, bears, puffins and glaciers. And so much more. I would highly recommend Alaska's wild frontiers to anyone and we have seen such a small part. There is so much more. Across the arctic circle up to the North Sea - aah well we have been so blessed to see what we have and it is such a big world. And onwards we must forge!
    How uncivilised to have a 1.30am flight - a red eye flight out of Alaska down to Seattle and a connector on to Vancouver. We slept a bit I'm sure and we arrived in one piece so all blessings are counted. Immigration was a breeze, a train ride then a taxi and we were at our Air BnB. We have lucked it again with a beautiful studio on the ground floor of a heritage house in Strathcona.
    Of course we needed to settle and do a grocery shop then two very tired souls decided to have a small exploration of our neighbourhood and down to Chinatown and the Sun Yat-sen Gardens. Two even tireder souls trudged back, had dinner and dell into bed!
    Read more