Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Downtown Vancouver

    September 11, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    OK so I'm anal! I had to start the day with us walking to the Central Station to get our connector tickets to Vancouver Island later in the week. Did it have to be done now? Yes, then that box would be ticked and we could enjoy Vancouver. No, we couldn't buy them there as they only sell two hours before the departure time - it had to be done on line. A hot dusty walk walk for nothing. Well we do now know where the station is at least.
    Skyway train to Burrard St Station and we were finally set to explore downtown Vancouver.
    The sun was shining gloriously and Vancouver is a stunning city, a city of towering buildings, a city of glass, a city with a beautiful harbour and a great shopping district. By the time we had walked from the station up to the visitor's centre, along the harbour walk past the cruise ship terminal, around a marina, over the hill to Robson Street, along Robson Street window shopping, along a myriad of other streets, through Chinatown and home we had walked a long long way. I guess we had not had the intention of walking that far and I do try to be mindful of Neil's sore leg but it was a long, long way and Neil's leg was quite painful during the night. But it was an amazing day.
    Read more