Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Winnipeg - Museum of Human Rights

    October 7, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We are staying in a central position, just a short walk from downtown and all the points of interest. However, getting ourselves onto the correct section of Main Road proved to be a bit of a challenge this morning. Barriers prevent crossing the road at the corner of Portager and Main. Underground pedpaths offer a safer way to cross the intersection. Therein lies the problem. Once underground you have no sense of direction and it is a labyrinth of paths. After 15minutes of failed attempts we rounded the barriers and jaywalked.
    To the train station first. A massive station that sees a very small turnover of passengers and rather resembles a mausoleum. Two tickets to Toronto please - the next leg of our journey.
    From the station we walked towards the Human Rights Museum, investigating the pedestrian bridge first. The bridge is pretty cool and has a restaurant in the middle.
    Onto the Human Rights Museum. A costly endeavour, it is an architectural stunner both inside and out. And as a museum it covers its subject matter with flying colours. It came highly recommended by several people that we have met and we both can understand why.
    Our evening entertainment - The New Pornographers supported by the Ruffians. A great night.
    Read more