Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 76

    Last Day on The Canadian

    October 10, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Today was our last day on this stretch of via rail, The Canadian. Today we continued to travel past lake, after lake - big ones, small ones, wild ones and ones that had the cutest cabins around them with private jetties and some with bathing platforms. The swimming season would be limited but I guess the lakes would make for great swimming on a hot day and the water in the lakes looks amazing, clean and clear. The fall colours are so beautiful but the photos do not do them justice as they are out of the window of a train.
    The dining car was running short on food so that option was not offered to us in economy but we were given a free lunch and dinner from our cafeteria due to the lateness of the train, so we can’t complain. We made sure we were down there before the crowds to ensure we could get the vegetarian option.
    The train was late when we got on so we had to expect that it would be late arriving in Toronto. And we were not disappointed - instead of 9.45am we alighted at 9 pm.
    A quick taxi ride had us at ourAirbnb in Cabbagetown as it is not too far from downtown. Shower time and bed. Looking forward to a decent sleep after the last two nights on the train. We did both sleep but it wasn’t the lap of luxury.
    Read more