Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 91

    Montreal - Day 1 - Parc Mont Royal

    October 25, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    After the heavy rain last night we were not too sure what to expect of the weather this morning. The skies started our grey but it was warm enough. And after the extreme heat in our apartment it was nice to get outside
    Okay. Same old, same old - we arrive in a new Airbnb and we need to get groceries. Breakfast first as all we had with us was tea and sugar and we have the reliable Tim Horton’s just around the corner. It’s a typical chain cafe but they do have coffee and reasonable muffins and at first exploration of our new surrounds we are not aware of what we have around us.
    Breakfast and groceries done and dusted, with the skies now a glorious blue, we decided that we needed some fresh air and a nice walk among the trees. Parc Mont Royal is an easy walk from the apartment and described as Montreal’s answer to New York’s Central Park so we decided to go and investigate it. In a few more weeks all the autumnal leaves will be gone and the trees bare but at the moment the colours..........what can I say. I love fall!!!! And as for Mont Royal Park - beautiful. Bike paths, shared paths walking paths all winding up the hill to Chateau and Chalet Mont Royal, and the cross. We wanted to see the views from the chalet so did not venture to either the chateau or the cross. The views from the chalet were nothing short of spectacular. I have not been to Central Park as yet but Mont Royal is a pretty special park for any city to have in the middle of it. And who should we see in a painting far larger than life on the side of a building - the late, great Leonard Cohen!
    Read more