Satellite
  • Day 134

    On The Up - Brooklyn Bridge

    December 7, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    I know that I mention the weather a lot but the weather can make or break a day. Today - sunny, windy and a bit chilly but sunny none the less. With the sunshine it can be windy or cold or both and the day will be positive. So it was today.
    We are all over the subway system now. Got it nailed! Love the ferry ride over to start our day and from South Ferry awe have a choice of four lines. Hopped of at City Hall/ Brooklyn Bridge. Walked the Bridge over to Brooklyn. Amazing! What a photogenic city. Amazing views from the bridge back to Manhattan. Loved the bridge and also the Manhattan Bridge just up from the Brooklyn. Once off the bridge we walked the suburb of Dumbo. Had coffee and a muffin/scone and were going to walk back on the Manhattan Bridge but it was so noisy with traffic and trains ad sooo windy that we got the subway over to Greenwich to purchase tickets to ‘Red Roses green Gold” at the Minetta Lane Theatre.
    Tickets in our grubby paws we then walked to Washington Square, wandered a bit more then headed back to the island. Thank god for google we have these subways mastered.
    Read more