Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 136

    Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

    December 9, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌫 0 °C

    Today was our planned day to go to Central Park. Victor was in the backyard as we left the apartment and it was beginning to snow. He offered to drop us off at the station so we gratefully accepted.
    The snow steadily increased as we travelled towards Central Park. On the ferry it appeared to be a white out. The Statue of Liberty wasn’t visible and we pass quite closely. When we stepped out of the subway the snow covered the ground completely. After a short in walk in the wrong direction we headed towards the park. First stop - the Dakota Building - home of John Lennon and the spot where he was assassinated. Yesterday was the anniversary of his death so I guess it was a timely visit to the park. Across the road from the Dakota is the park and the entry into t The Strawberry Fields, the memorial gardens for him.
    Central Park was a winter wonderland. It was hard to see where we were going as it was snowing heavily and I guess we didn’t really walk too far as we had no idea where we were going but it was amazing. We both stayed on our feet fo that was a bonus. Not that Neil is a worry with the snow but me ....... Neil kept saying, “Walk with confidence.” Yeh!
    Came out of the park a fair distance from where we went in despite attempting to get back t the same spot. Had some lunch at a Starbucks (not out of design but everywhere was packed) and met Marina, a lovely young Ukrainian working in New York.
    Read more