Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 137

    Red Roses Green Gold

    December 10, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 3 °C

    The snow stopped overnight but it was still thick on the ground as we headed out. The hounds were out in the back yard playing in the snow. Lola had the biggest grin on her face - it was obvious that she was thoroughly enjoying the snow. Victor offered us another lift down to the station and I was very grateful for it. The footpaths were icy and I am sure I would not have made the distance without ending up on my butt.
    We arrived downtown with plenty of time to have some lunch, wander Greenwich and enjoy some music in Washington Square Park. A pianist was playing a grand piano (who knows how he got it there) in front of the arch. What a talent! It was lovely standing in the sunshine and listening to his playing.
    So to the Theatre. The Minetta Lane Theatre is a relatively small theatre with an intimate feel. It wasn’t a packed show but it was a good audience. We were sitting in a great position close to the stage but on the cross aisle so we had plenty of leg room. The musical based on the Music of The Grateful Dead related the story of Jackson Jones and his family, swindlers who gambled their way to riches. Glad we went - it was a great afternoon’s entertainment. The cast were very talented, all able to play multiple instruments.
    Read more