Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    London

    May 14, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 68 °F

    Jamie, our guide, saw my email address and said that the Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has the nickname, Boejo! Oh, dear…not sure that I want to share the name with him!
    Rebecca and I were on our own for today. We took off to Notting Hill to a very large street market. These markets are a part of the culture in Europe and can be found everyday in many towns. We got there early, but it became crowded rather quickly. The area is so charming with all the colored townhouses. We stopped in at the Travel Book Store from the movie “Notting Hill” with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.
    Our next stop was Kensington Palace and where we saw the Diana statue. William and Kate live there. We walked a little in Kensington Gardens.
    We had an excellent lunch and gelato at an Italian restaurant cafe… we were in great need to rest our feet!
    Our last stop was Trafalgar where we dropped into the National Gallery for a quick peek of some of our favorite painters’ works…Monet, VanGogh, Renoir, Cezanne, Seurat, Constable, and Gainsborough’s paintings including Blue Boy.
    We walked and toured nonstop for 8 hours today, so we returned to hotel at 5:30 and are in for the night. We both need to rest up for our flight to Edinburgh tomorrow where we will begin our Scotland trip.
    Read more