Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 37

    Tahiti, French Polynesia

    25 января, Французская Полинезия ⋅ 🌧 26 °C

    Our morning tour was the included walking tour of Papeete. We met ashore at 8:15 AM. We toured several monuments and parks. The tour ended in an open air market with flowers, food, pearls, and various other arts and crafts stalls.
    There were flowers, dogs, and chickens everywhere throughout Papeete. I could not imagine living in the downtown area with the number of free-range roosters.
    I am pleased to report that Bob completed the 2.5 hour walking tour with zero pain!
    It was so hot an humid that Bob and I both got a mild case of heat stroke. We headed back to the ship and were very please to hang out in our stateroom for a bit to cool off.
    After lunch, we changed into our swimsuits, grabbed our snorkeling gear, and headed out for our next excursion, "Tahiti Lagoon". After a brief narrative of the history of Papeete, we headed out to the barrier reef. We were once again told that we may experience slight current. My first thought was, "Not Again!" Luckily, the depth of water was such that we could stand. We swam/walked around the reef. The condition of the reef was poor but we still were able to get some pictures of fish. It was nice to be in the water without fearing for one's life. After about 40 minutes snorkeling, we returned to the port.
    We had dinner on the Aquavit Terrace. We were able to witness both the sunset and the moon rise.
    I am glad that we have several sea days to recover from our adventures in French Polynesia.
    Читать далее