Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Alice Springs

    June 11, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Got out to track...Glenn was reversing the car/ caravan back as a windbreak between Curly and Craig and , as usual he didn't have his window down , couldn't hear us yelling and bloodwell ran into the front of Curlys car with our caravan. Bloody idiot he will not listen and never winds his window down... so that was a very expense free camp for us....anyway we got over it and Curly and Mary were ok about it..we will pay for it when we get back..😪😪😪. The place we were parked was just full of prickles and they got everywhere.. and boy did they hurt...we were up early on race day to see the first guys come through...we watched a few and then decided it was time to cook some damper. Glenn got the fire started and Gordon dug a few holes and with Mary as our teacher we made savoury bacon..i cooked up bacon and onion then we mixed with SR flour, milk , butter and water mixed then alluded the cooked bacon abs cheese...we wrapped in foil then put into our prepared camp ovens they were so nice.. took 2 hours and 2.45 hours to cook but they were great.
    We had lovely chicken burgers for tea . Curly and Mary's dog wasn't well so they had an early night as they were very worried about lilly
    ..
    Read more