Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Jabiru/Cahills Crossing

    July 1, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Got to Jabiru about 9am...weather overcast... left at 9.30 to go to cahills crossing, apparently when the tide turns the crocs come over the road to catch fish!...well true to form the wannagunna Tribe didn't check the tide times and got there at 10..30 am.waited till bloody 1.30 pm for the tide (on bloody ROCKS AGAIN)
    So after waiting in the sun , on a rock, with dust blowing everywhere..we saw one, I repeat 1 croc go over the road...we left very disappointed 😞... went to look at some rock art down the road (apparently the best in NT).. By this time its nearly 2pm..we haven't eaten all day so we r all pretty hungry..apparently it's a small/ easy 700m round loop...(I have those bloody thongs on again)..we get to a spot and guess what the easy track turns to bloody rocks...I deftly turned back and said I'm out see you back at car...(thinking stupidly the Tribe would do the 700 mm loop, but no.. the wannagunnas had to do the lookout... so 45..50 mins later .. they arrived pooped but so happy they had done what they wanted... leaving Rick and I sitting in a car starving!..(by this time Its after 3pm) so with very empty bellies we drove to see Jabiru and maybe get a coffee ànd snack before heading to happy hour and tea! We looked and looked and looked And poor old Jabiru only had a very run down supermarket and a post office..it was like a ghost town.. not even a coffee shop. It's like a ghost town.. very sad... so back to camp for a biccie and cheese.. headed over to happy hour at 4.30.. had a beautiful barramundi for tea...Also went to look at the Ranger uranium mine just outside Jabiru.. bloody awful..how they put that right next to a national park is just awful.. just one extreme to the other...off to Darwin today...
    Read more