Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Shanghai Science and Technology Museum

    March 2, 2019 in China ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    We finally made it to the Museum by around 1pm in the afternoon on this not-so-fine rainy Saturday. It was both a bit surprising to see it so very not queued up - it is after all somewhat comforting when your destination has a certain level of popularity - and also very advantageous! You could tell by looking at the barriers and queuing equipment readily available on site that this is a place that is used to dealing with hundreds of visitors waiting outside for tickets. Luckily for us, we cruised up to the booth and didn't even need to buy tickets for Davy and Meg as the requirement to pay is based not on age but by height! With Davy and Meg both clocking in at under 1.3m, they were admitted to the museum for free.

    We probably spent most of our time around the geology and earth exploration sections of the museum, as well as in the rainbow fun zone for kids. Just goes to show that even though the age marked was a bit young for them, Davy and Meg are still very much kids at heart and had a great time. They loved the exhibits that they could play on, touch and interact with. Especially, for Meg, any interactive display that involved a touch screen. Particularly memorable were the crooked room (amazingly difficult to orient oneself and walk steadily in!) the packet routing and networking game, as well as Mommy on a not-so-high-wire bike.
    Read more