Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 157

    The Temples of Angkor By Ariah

    September 8, 2023 in Cambodia ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    Today we woke up at 5am to get to the breakfast before we had to go on our E-BiKes to some temples. Anyway, after breakfast we went down to reception but we were waiting for about an HOUR!!
    It turned out that the e-bike company didn’t know we had a booking because the tour agent didn’t tell them. But in the end the we got in contact with them.

    When they got there mum was surprised to see that we were riding on motorbike type things.

    We went to some temples and the old Royal Palace. (Ta Prohm, the tomb raider temples with trees growing over it that looked like a waterfall, snakes and a hand and Bayon temple, in the jungle with the elephant terrace and leper terrace) Butterflies were flying around and one landed on my shoe. Once we got to near the 2nd stop I crashed into india and got a bunch of scratches.
    We went to a Cambodian restaurant by the lake for lunch and it was really good.

    We rode our bike through the gateway of death and along a narrow dirt path, with lots of bumps, rocks and branches, on top of the old walls that they used to patrol the city on elephant. No one else was there and the sun sparkled on the grass so it looked like a fairy garden. After that we went to the old Royal Palace. Lots of you-tubers were filming the monkeys. I grabbed a palm fruit when fell down from a palm tree with a clunk. I fed it to the monkeys.

    When we got back to the biKes, we got on our bikes and rode home. Our top speed was 32kph. We went in the pool when we got home. For dinner we went to a restaurant called
    Best mom and I had a really good smoothie!
    When we got home | was sooo tired so
    I went straight to bed.
    Read more