Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 169

    Star fruit and tulips 🌷 💐

    20. September 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    At the tomb of one of the imperial emperors, the kids on the tour found a star fruit tree which was much more interesting than royal shrines and offerings. So they collected a morning tea of star fruit for everyone.

    We ate the star fruit at Lavin Home, which is a business run by deaf people who make and teach classes in paper flower making. We learned a bit of sign language and made some beautiful paper tulips. We got to make a wish so we all made a wish for our big kid Keyala Jewel to get well and out of hospital quickly (all except India who wished for happiness and spirit fingers 👐 😂)

    Spirit fingers 👐 is sign language for happiness.

    In the afternoon the mums went for a massage and tried the local Hue Salted Coffee at Hue T-roasters, which tasted a bit like salted caramel.

    After a swim we did a mini Hue pub crawl to try the Vietnamese craft beers and conveniently there was a bubble tea shop next to the pub for the kids. We ate a very tasty noodle dinner at quan an an tam, a 5 star but teeny tiny restaurant. Dale had crab and snail noodles, the girls had pork noodles and I had sake fruit noodles which tasted a bit like roast potatoes but looked like a citrus fruit. Our whole dinner for 4 was about $15.
    Weiterlesen