Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Auer Dult

    October 16, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    This was our last day in Munich. It was very chilly but we still enjoyed the city. The first pic is of one of the old gateways into the city. As you walk through, you enter the pedestrian shopping area which is about 3/4 of a mile long. It’s actually been disappointing to see that Germany is losing its uniqueness and you see American stores and things everywhere.
    Pic 2 is a fun view of the Frauenkirche that I showed you yesterday. Pic 3 is of the Bavarian courthouse.
    In the afternoon we went to the Auer Dult. It’s a housewares market and also a carnival for the kids. It takes place 3 times a year. I remember going there so was excited when I saw an ad for it! The rest of the pics are from there. As you can see, they sell everything imaginable. It was fun just to wander around.
    Our month long vacation has come to an end. Thanks for hanging in there with me as I journaled our travels. It’s been a good mixture of memories, vacation and seeing special family and friends. But I must admit, now we are ready to come home!!

    Highlight of the day: one more day in Munich!
    Read more