Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    Langkawi, Malaysia

    March 19 in Malaysia ⋅ ☀️ 93 °F

    Decided to book a private tour today to see the Skybridge atop Mt. Machinchang, and what a busy day it ended up being. The island seemed very quiet as we disembarked to meet our guide, Leo. He reminded us that it was Ramadan and that most places were closed.

    The Sky Bridge is the longest curve hanging bridge in the world, is about 400 feet long and looms 2,300 feet above sea level. A cable sky tram system first takes you to the Red Eagle Nest overlook, and as the name implies, it's shaped as a nest supported by a glass floor all around it. The tram then lifts you a few more hundred feet to the SkyBridge. What a beautiful structure floating in the air, and offering stunning vista's of Langkawi and its surrounding islands.

    We then visited the 3D Interactive Museum at the bottom of the mountain. Most fun museum ever! We were like 2 kids playing in this 3D collection of art.

    We continued our exploration on a boat tour through the Mangroves to see the wonderful Red Eagles ( a symbol of Langkawi), feed the monkeys, and tour the Bat Cave. (No Alfred or Robin in this one)

    As we drove back to the ship, we stopped in the main town square to see the huge Eagle statue. Dinner was at the seaside where we saw jumping fish while we enjoyed a wonderful Indian food feast.
    Read more