Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 93

    Naples

    10 April, Itali ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    We stated our day walking along the waterfront towards the Ova Castle, which was closed for restoration, so grabbed a coffee nearby and enjoyed the views of the shoreline.

    Came across the "Venus of the Rugs" Monument Art by Michalego Pistoletto. The artist expresses a tribute to ancient statuary vs. an innovative reflection of our consumer culture. Gives you pause for thought!

    Continued walking towards Basilica Reale Pontificia San Francesco da Paola Square (Say that 3 times quickly 😀). Much like St. Marks Sq in Venice but smaller. Napoleon's brother-in-law was King of Naples at the time and had it built for the Emporer. The Royal Palace faces opposite it.

    Took a tour of the Teatro di San Carlos and saw the Opera "La Gioconda" from the box seats that night. Acoustics and performance were fabulous. The opera house, built in 1732, was gorgeous, and one thing we found fascinating was that every booth had a mirror in it facing the royal booth in the back. The reason we discovered is that no one could applaud until the king does.

    Great way to end our night!. Back to Rome tomorrow....
    Baca lagi