Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 5 arrival in Bellano

    June 9, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    When we arrived in Lecco and a scene resembling the Normandy beach landings played out in front of us, with the hundreds of passengers from the train descended on a car park full of taxis, buses and cars. With none of the buses having destinations on them, but with Trenitalia staff standing near them it was time for the big lad in the group to take control. Andrew started muscling his way through to speak with the staff….ultimately it was fairly easy to get the right bus…and having triple checked we were all on the right bus, we relaxed into the wonderfully air conditioned bus for the 60 mins trip to Bellano.

    The trip was pleasant- the hairpins down the Bellano on the shores of Lake Como were “interesting”. We arrived and made our way along the streets of Bellano to meet our host coming to meet us, this was wonderful and after he showed us the Casa Rosa we relaxed into this apartment. It was older in style to the Verona apartment…but was comfortable, but not air conditioned.

    Pizza for a late supper (which was ok but not as good as Verona pizza) and we went to bed after a busy day.
    Read more