Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 Travels

    May 12, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Couple sights near Termini.

    Bus H again to Termini.

    Short walk around the area. Then Bus H for Doug back home.

    After our visit to the Mercato, Doug went to visit the Basilica and Museum, while Nancy took familiar Bus H back home (still both of us are worried about her total lack of navigating Rome's streets). Doug made it to the museum before the downpour, then it eased but as he was leaving, it opened again, so back in the museum to see more!

    Around 16:40, Nancy was wondering if she missed an e-mail from Doug about his return (as he did not have a key to let himself in), so decided to go out and peek around the block to make sure. There he was, sitting at a café, sipping a tall cold beer and eating bruschetta! He muttered something about being coaxed into it by the young waiter and, after all, it was the last day to try this cafe and he had not had bruschetta in Roma yet. He'd only been there five minutes and still looked like he had staggered in from another day of intense sight, or should we say, church-going.

    For dinner, we ate what we had bought at the Mercato - an Italian spicy calzone pie with broccoli, pecorino cheese and salami stuffing, an eggplant and rice arancini (Sicilian suppli - no cheese). These are quite good, not greasy despite being fried, a caprese salad minus the basil and the rest of the red wine.

    On to new adventures tomorrow as we will travel south into Naples. Rick Steves describes Naples as one of his favourite European cities if you can look beyond the chaotic and somewhat seedy exterior. He describes Sorrento as a good choice for Americans so I am expecting somewhat the opposite of Naples ie less chaotic, more pastoral and less "seedy". Rome, we will be back in a few days for a last night in town. We have yet take a picture at Trevi Fountain - a must do before we leave.

    Distance: 17,687 steps; 7.5 km

    Live map:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c2KQjqRkuO6fL…
    Read more