Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 55

    Travel to The Philippines

    28 Nisan, Singapur ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    As our flight for Manila did not leave until 5 pm and Nancy was keen to see “Jewel” the part of the airport that has a huge water funnel/waterfall. This is a 300 store shopping/restaurant complex attached to Terminal 1 . It is fantastic if one has an overnight layover and no time to visit the rainforest dome at Gardens by the Bay. Since we had done that, the fact that it was otherwise a rather humid mega shopping mall on a Sunday made this a less than ideal stop for us, especially Doug who hates shopping! It takes quite a bit of time getting from Terminal 1 to 2 where you catch a bus to Terminal 4. Terminal 4 was quiet, modern, carpeted with calm music playing and comfy chairs, no need for the Plaza Lounge. We got a bite and the time passed quickly.

    On to our last stop: Manila and El Nido, the main city of the Palawan Islands where Flower Island Resort is located. We are a bit anxious about how this is going to turn out. The Philippines, along with all of SE Asia, is in a heat wave, and we suspect no air con on “Gilligan’s Island”. No touring planned, we hope there will be ocean breezes, a beach and fan in our accommodation will keep us cool for our six nights of resting up before our 40 hour travel time back to Canada (Toronto for a visit).
    The flight with Jetstar flight was good with the extra space of the exit row.. Another strange thing is when the stewardess came down the aisle with an aerosol can to spray the cabin "as recommended by the World Health Organization."
    Okumaya devam et