Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Its a tree

    August 20, 2018 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌫 7 °C

    Today we headed to Wanaka about 40 minutes up the road. Kelly is house shopping and I am hoping to find someone to fix my laptop which decided the cold was too much and called it quits. So while we were there we checked out the local park, which much to Claire's delight still has the dinosaur slippery slide and the ladybird seasaw. The park is on the foreshore of the lake with views to the snow covered mountains. Bit lost on Claire when there is a playground to be explored.

    After lunch we headed to the Wanaka Tree one of the most photographed trees in NZ. I must have caught it on a bad day, maybe it hadn't done its leaves properly, as it just looked just like a tree in the water, Tinaroo is selling itself short by comparison. Still it was very popular so maybe I am the one who is wrong.

    My job tonight was dinner and wine. We wanted a local red and none of the local wineries advertised whether they sold red or whites so we headed to the bottle shop. Denise and I picked a local red but they lady at the counter offers us an alternate selection and I expect her experience with wines exceeded ours, so we went with her choice partially because it was called 'sassy madam'. Turned out a great choice and with a mid night run to the shops for dessert topped off a relaxed day.
    Read more