Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    A home made of bamboo

    April 11, 2022 on the Philippines ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    On our way to El Nido we stopped in Puerto Princesa for one night and immediately regretted not staying for a longer period of time.

    This was the prettiest accommodation we've been to during our time in the Philippines. The place is built with lots of bamboo and a lot of beautiful details. The owners are super friendly and there are a lot of dogs around. It felt like sleeping in the jungle. I saw a little brown frog in the shower and there were centipedes and many other animals roaming around the house.

    The owners told us that most hotels and hostels had to close due to the pandemic and the rules and restrictions enforced by the governments and they could only keep the place because they got a double income. The wife is a teacher, that's why they could earn money even without guests and tourists. Maybe we'll one day come to really comprehend the negative impact the pandemic had (not only regarding physical health, but mental health, the economic system, trade, cultural exchange, and the peoples existence in poorer countries as well) on the world.
    Read more