Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 75

    Traveling by sea

    June 14, 2022 on the Philippines ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    After a few days in Bohol, we took a ferry to Cebu. We wanted to travel by sea since we first came to the Philippines so we were looking forward to it. At first it was quite a bummer. On top of the ferry ticket we had to pay a terminal fee and an extra fee for our luggage. Things that nobody told up when purchasing the ticket the other day.

    But then we really enjoyed the trip. First, we say lots of flying fish. They jumped out of the water and flew up to several metres to get further away from the boat. They were small and it looked like they had wings which they used to stay above the water for a longer period of time. I saw flying fish before but they didn't jump/fly that far.

    While we were looking at the ocean and watching the little flying fish, we spotted a group of dolphins passing by the boat in some distance. One of them leaped out of the water. Benni said they do it for fun. 😃 The kids on the boat were very excited. I don't know if dolphins are a common sight for the people here when they take a ferry. A while later we saw a few fins in the water. I'm pretty sure those were sharks, the fins were thinner than those of dolphins and the remained in one spot and didn't jump.
    Read more